PB+J ZUCCHINI SMOOTHIE
PB + J...Z? If you're wondering what the Z stands for, it's zucchini. That right, zucchini! Not too often does the zucchini make it into your blender, but it should! Zucchinis are packed with antioxidants like vitamin c, which protects your cells from free radicals and minerals such as manganese, which promotes healthy tissue development and helps your body produce collagen. Zucchini's are not getting the street cred they deserve. They are amazing for you and when frozen, give your smoothie such a creamy texture!
To all my PB + J loving friends out there, this one is for you.
For the smoothie:
- 1 cup organic frozen mixed berries
- 1 cup frozen organic zucchini rounds (wash, slice into rounds, steam + freeze)
- 2 tbsp organic peanut butter (I use Nuts to You Nut Butter brand)
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- A good dash of cinnamon
- 2 tbsp organic hemp protein powder (I use North Coast Naturals unflavoured)
- 1/2 cup organic almond milk
- 1/2 cup water
Blend all ingredients together until you get a smooth and creamy consistency. You may need to add a little more almond milk or water depending on your blender. Top with Rawnola and enjoy!